How to Upload your Tax Exemption Documents
The following is a brief description of how to upload your tax exemption documents to carrot-top's website. Please be sure to upload it before your next American flag purchase!
Step by Step Video Transcript
1. To add a Tax Exemption status to your profile, you will need to login to your account.
2. From here, the first page that will appear should be the “My Account” page.
3. If you are already logged into the website and needed to navigate to this page to enter a sales tax exemption form, you would select your name up in the upper right-hand corner. This will bring you back to the menu page, where you can find the same menu items that had appeared on the left-hand side. Selecting these options takes you right back to the form.
4. From there, on the left-hand side, you will see a list starting with “Overview, Purchases,” etc.
5. You will select the Sales Tax Exemption drop-down arrow.
6. Selecting “Manage Exemption” will show existing Tax Exemptions that were previously completed. Should you need to change numbers or swap out this form for any reason, you would select “Manage Exemption.”
6. You will then select “Add Sales Tax Exemption” and complete the business information form, entering business name, business type, and entity use code.
8. You will then proceed to fill out the Tax Exempt information including the tax exempt ID number, certificate effective date – which you would not want to set as the day that you are registering, instead potentially setting that date as the first of the month or the previous month, especially if there is already a pending order placed to ensure that the certificate would apply, unless the certificate is brand new.
9. Enter the certificate expiration date - or select no expiration if this applies.
10. You will then upload your certificate by selecting “Choose File.” For these files to be approved, they should be in PDF format and must be a State Issued document. W-9s, tax permits/ licenses, or forms related to federal income taxes will not be approved.
11. Once the file is selected from your computer, you will select “Submit.”
12. If this is done correctly, you will see a message below the “Submit” button saying “Form submitted.”
It will then be part of your account, where it will appear under the “Manage Exemption” page under the Sales Tax Exemption section of your account. The status will read “In Progress” until our finance department has a chance to review it, which typically takes one business day.