Carrot-Top Beacon Scholarship
Own Your Future – Apply now for the 2022-2023 Academic School Year
What is the purpose of the Beacon® Scholarship?
Since 1980, Carrot-Top Industries, Inc. (Sponsor) has been a leading flag and patriotic products retailer priding ourselves on a dedication to patriotism and community growth across America. As of Fall 2018, we are now helping low-income students living in rural areas with their college endeavors.
Level: College-bound graduating high school seniors, current college students, or adult learners.
Applicants: Must also reside in a rural area and meet low-income criteria outlined in the terms and conditions listed below.
Spring 2023 applications accepted
starting October 1, 2022.
Here's how we want to help students across America:
The Beacon® Scholarship for Rural America will award $1,000 scholarships to ONE winner in the Spring and TWO winners in the Fall semester, to graduating high school seniors, current college students or adult learners planning to enroll in an accredited college program during the 2022-2023 academic year.
To be eligible for this scholarship, the applicant must:
Applicants must be college-bound graduating high school seniors, current college students or adult learners with a GPA of 3.0 or higher (high school or college) who are planning to enroll in an accredited college program. Applicants must also reside in a rural area and meet low-income criteria outlined in the application below.
The winners will be chosen by the owners, management and staff of Carrot-Top Industries. The scholarship check will be sent directly to the winner's college or university.
How to Apply
Must provide an electronic copy of all documents below:
- An essay of approximately 750 words responding to the prompt: "How have you shown patriotism through your community involvement?"
- A copy of your most recent high school or college transcript
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers, coaches, counselors, other academic professionals or colleagues
- A current photo or school photo for marketing purposes
Terms and Conditions
- Spring Semester grand prize is one (1): $1,000 scholarships awarded to one (1) grand prize recipient. Fall Semester Grand prize is two (2): $1,000 scholarships awarded to two (2) grand prize recipients. Grand prizes will be paid directly to the winner's college, university or trade school. In the event of the sponsor's inability to contact the winner within a reasonable period (as determined by the sponsor), or the winner's unenrollment from her or his institute of higher education, the sponsor reserves the right to revoke the grand prize and redistribute the funds to the runner(s) up.
- No purchase necessary; Void where prohibited.
- Only one application per student.
- Past scholarship (grand prize) winners are not eligible for resubmission to the scholarship.
- Only students who reside in the 50 United States or the District of Columbia are eligible.
- Employees of Carrot-Top Industries and their immediate relatives are not eligible.
- Carrot-Top Industries reserves the right to verify all information, including the date of high school graduation and school enrollment status.
- All taxes are solely the responsibility of the contest winner.
- To enter, you must submit a completed scholarship application online no later than June 30, 2022, to be considered for the Fall 2022 Scholarship and no later than November 30, 2022, to be considered for the Spring 2023 Scholarship.
- Incomplete applications or those that contain excessive grammatical errors will not be considered.
- All applications become the property of Carrot-Top Industries and will not be returned.
- Winners' photo, name and essay quotes may be released to the public and news media for promotional purposes; however, Carrot-Top Industries will be considerate of sensitive material.
- Lost, late or unintelligible entries will not be considered.
- Live in a rural county/parish/borough: Three criteria are used to determine your rural status (your city population, zip code population and county population). We use the following website to determine your residence's population: Official US Census Information. The city & state or zip code population should be 2,500 or less to be considered rural. Also check your county population. If you enter your county, and the population is 50,000 or less, you do qualify as rural.
- Annual Family Income: To determine if you meet the low-income criteria to qualify for this scholarship, we use the following website: Federal Register
If you have any questions, please contact Carrot-Top Industries at: firstname.lastname@example.org