CARROT TOP CAREERS
Since 1980, Carrot-Top Industries has been a trusted industry leader providing institutions and businesses with patriotic and customized solutions while bringing communities together across America. If you desire a career opportunity with a fast-paced, direct marketing organization with over 40 years of business success, Carrot-Top is the place for you. Carrot-Top Industries is an equal-opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Learn more about Carrot-Top Industries.
CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS
Digital Content Marketing Specialist
The Digital Content Marketing Specialist is responsible for Carrot-Top’s Day-to-Day digital marketing messaging to meet marketing activities across multiple channels.
The Digital Content Marketing Specialist is responsible for:
- managing various ongoing marketing projects including promotional material, email, website, blog and social media.
- support overall company marketing efforts related to product and advertising efforts as needed.
- planning, developing, implementing, and managing the overall content strategy and driving the content calendar for the company.
- developing solutions to meet Carrot-Top’s brand objectives based on consumer insight and data to help drive things like SEO, and conversions
Our Content Marketing Specialist will be a good marketing generalist as well and good at reading and reacting to data, have strong interpersonal skills, and can prioritize assignments against the team’s big picture goals. The generalist concept means that marketing team members are cross functionally trained and ultimately can support the overall mission of marketing however the specialist portion of their role owns their “specialist area” of focus.
- Develop the overall content and drive content calendar.
- Research products, services and current content strategies to identify new digital opportunities, develop blog content, to improve SEO, monthly newsletter, email campaigns, and social media engagement.
- Cultivate content marketing strategies targeted at driving traffic, engagement, generating leads, delivering sales, retaining customers and building brand awareness.
- Develop brand voice to ensure consistency across all content assets.
- Monitor Search Engine Optimization/Search Engine Marketing (SEO/SEM) look for improvements implement suggestions, fix errors, clean up copy, and meta data to drive organic traffic
- Assist in executing digital PPC advertising with improved content focused on conversion.
- Update and review product content for the Carrot-Top website related to products and services.
- Research and map keywords on the Carrot-Top website to drive SEO ranking into top ten, look for areas to create snippets, how to’s, and answer questions as structured content to drive higher placement and rank with Google.
- Performing research to gain in-depth knowledge of all customer personas
- Performing research and analysis of consumer thoughts and trends
- Creating specifications and content appropriate for the brand's customer personas
- Establish strategies for media relations, seeking placements in print, online channels, and create the corresponding content including press releases, articles and presentations.
- Develop SEO-driven content and campaigns.
- Support and drive writing focused on converting -with an eye toward a customer-focused product descriptions for web and catalog
- Achieve annualized KPI goals
- Analyze website and content performance, make suggestions to improve SEO and customer engagement.
- Conduct outreach to drive referrals, backlinks and guest blogs to help increase traffic to the website.
- Develop and maintain cross-functional marketing skills such as learning various tools, Klaviyo (email marketing), SEO, Brightedge, Netsuite, SuiteCommerce, Google Analytics, etc.
- Manage multiple marketing projects over an extended time
- Create promotional material, including blog posts, email marketing, press releases, etc.
- Overseeing writing style and tone for all content
- Developing content governance guidelines for tone, style, and voice of all content, and ensuring they are followed
- Update website content as needed
- Present project updates to the Marketing and relevant departments as needed
- Cross-trained in multiple areas of marketing with other marketing team members.
Bachelor’s Degree Journalism, Marketing or related field preferred
- 2+ years of SEO and social media strategy and implementation experience
- 2+ years of digital marketing experience, including paid advertising
- 2+ years of graphics design experience
- Agency experience preferred
C. Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes
- Knowledge of HTML including the ability to edit, design and build a web document
- Knowledge of Microsoft products, specifically Excel
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, Brightedge and other web analytic tools
- Strong project management and administrative skills
- High quality standards and strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and positive approach, good organizational skills, ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team/collaborative environment
- Attendance and punctuality are mandatory
- Flexibility to work additional hours to meet deadlines and needs of the marketing team
- Ability to think and problem solve and maintain accuracy
- Ability to work with outside consultants and manage internal and external project timelines.